Over 100 technical staff from Yukon First Nations, government, non-profit and business organizations gathered November 26, 2014 to learn more about Next Generation Hydro and provide feedback and questions to the technical and engagement teams. Participants received presentations on the history of hydro in the Yukon, the Yukon Hydroelectric Power Planning Directive, the role of Yukon Development Corporation and other energy partners, and an update on the work completed by the technical team to date. In the afternoon breakout groups were organized to gather feedback on a range of topics. Over 40 people joined the evening public speaker event to learn more about Phase 1 – Project Identification.
See below for links to the Workshop Participant Package, Power point presentations, and a video recording of the evening speaker event. Browse the Resource Centre for materials as well.
Introduction to Next generation Hydro Resources
- **NEW** Technical Workshop #1 – Outcomes Report
- Technical Workshop #1 – Participant Package
- Technical Workshop #1 – Site Screening Inventory Part 1 (2015-01-12) – FINAL Document1
- Technical Workshop#1 – Midgard Presentation – Educational Concepts
- Technical Workshop #1 – Yukon Development Corporation – Next Generation Hydro Overview
Evening Speaker Event Video Recording
Weren’t able to make the public speaker event? We’ve got you covered. The video below was shot live at the event. Get an introduction to the project and the technical process to date and hear questions and answers from the session.